Thursday 24 April 2008

General Camera GT Information

This Second Life Camera GT model is inspired by the amazing Porsche Carrera GT - A limited production Porsche build from 2004 - 2006 with only 1270 produced, and nominated the fastest car in the world in 2005.

While the real-thing is way out of most peoples budget, we hoped that (and are finding that) a much wider variety of enthusiasts get to enjoy the SL version.

Porsche Carrera GT

Layout
Mid-engine, rear wheel drive



Engine(s) 5.7 L DOHC v10; 450 kW (612 bhp) @ 8000 rpm


Transmission
6-speed manual


Length 4623 mm (182 in)


Width 1930 mm (76 in)


Height 1168 mm (46 in)


Curb Weight
1380 kg (3042 lb)


Fuel capacity 92 litres (24.3 US gal/20.2 imp gal)









Performance :

0-60 mph



3.6 seconds

0-100 mph


6.8 seconds

0-125 mph


9.9 seconds

Max Speed



334 km/h (207 mph)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You have done a fantastic job in the design of the car... it is beautiful! However... I know this is an early release but it is undriveable on SL mainland roads. Stearing way too touchy as you point out in the bugs, plus the car is too light under H4 (as is every car I own) as just a bit of hill in the road will throw it into the air. Along with this on a steep hill the car does not have enough traction to make it up, in any gear. And finally the first time I drove it I was flung off the road and every part of the car was crushed. Aside from the lower part of the rear bumper I cannot get any other crushed pannels to repair. I have re-rezzed the car many times and it still looks like a crumpled soda can. Great promis in your car and I am not sorry I bought it, if the problems get worked out. Thanks for listening... this is not a gripe, I just want you to know what I experienced trying to drive the car. Thanks! Six Numanox

IAm Zabelin said...

Hi Six

Update 1.1 was just released with detoned cruise driving mode to seperate it from racemode. It also has tweakable power, steering, and braking so you can adjust it to suit your style. I'm not sure why you were airborne I never really noticed that earlier however there is a more downforce in 1.1 to compensate for how light it is (only 25 prims now) and its been tested on a hilly drift track - it does lift a little sometimes (but it should when going fast). One thing i will not do is use scripting to unrealistically script the car - i've seen small vespa's etc at 600mph around a track almost driving themselves - i feel thats ridiculous and not where this car is going.

If a driver overrides the power to 1.6x the car is going to be REALLY fast and is bound to be more airbourne. SL's physics is also not the best there is for car racing :)

As for damage, the owner just clicks the front or rear bumper to repair it.

I trust / hope you enjoy the version :)

Gamja Myanamotu said...

I'm sorry but this informations is relatively useless and I feel like I wasted my money on this product. You did not leave well detailed instructions on how to work the hud or what the buttons on the hud do. I have a car that is uncontrollable to drive even in Gear 1. You did not put a note card enclosed on how to use this vehicle and the hud and your online instructions are vague and useless.

Gamja Myanamotu (sl name)
Unsatistfied customer